Write For DIY Extra
DIY Extra wants your DIY guides!
Are you a DIY expert? Do you want to see your DIY guides published online for the world to see? Maybe you think you can improve on one of the guides already featured here? Or perhaps you just want to test your writing skills?
If any or all of the above are true, why not write a guide for us? DIY Extra is currently accepting DIY and Home Improvement guides for inclusion on the site. We won’t be offering payment (yet…), but we can offer exposure for your writing skills to our 50,000 UK visitors each month.
If you have an idea for a guide, please use the following guidelines:
- Your content must be written by you and not copied from any other website or print publication. We will check each submission thoroughly!
- Your guides must be written for DIY Extra, and must not have appeared online elsewhere.
- Your guides should be no less than 500 words long, written in English and checked for grammar and spelling mistakes.
- You may include one link to a relevant website of your choice. This should not be an affiliate link (these will be removed from submitted text before it is published.)
- We would prefer that any submitted guides are written in a step-by-step format. This can mean either numbering each step or giving each step a keyword title (e.g. Preparing the wall).
- Choose subjects not already covered on the site, unless you believe you can improve on an existing guide. If this is the case, please say so when you submit the guide. Have a look through the existing guides before you submit.
You can submit your completed, spell-checked guides to email@example.com. Please allow up to 3 days for a reply. We will always reply to submissions, even if we decide that we do not want to use the guide.